Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Idea

It all started in the Spring of 2006. I came to college with a semester's amount of credits because my high school offered many AP courses that could be taken for college credit. I began asking my professors if I could graduate early since I was a semester ahead, but they made it clear that graduating early would be a near impossible feat. My major, math education, isn't the most popular major Hastings offers so they can get by offering classes only one semester every other year. I would have had to take my senior math class my sophomore year and my advisor strongly discouraged it.
Since I could not graduate early, I began searching for an exciting opportunity to gain experience. I knew there was an opportunity to study abroad, so I thought I could study around the country. I had always felt that after graduating from Hastings College I would have had experience with one type of school, Hastings Public. I knew there were other options in education and I wanted to experience them. After formulating the idea the next step was to find the schools and to pitch my idea to Hastings College.

No comments: