Friday, March 14, 2008

Advisory Olympics

I watched the movie, Persepolis, with the ninth graders during 1st period. They just finished reading the book which is about a young girl from Iran who lived during 1970's and grew up around the turmoil with Iran. It was a French film with subtitles. Next I spent some time with Dan's math class, but they were taking an assessment for those still needing to get their yellow belt so it was very uneventful. During advisory today, each advisory class presented on a certain topic related to nutrition. The groups either had skits, videos, or power points and some of them were pretty funny. After lunch I headed over to the high school to watch the Advisory Olympics which are a pretty big deal. Each team has a country name, a flag, and a uniform. They introduced all the teams and then we walked to this huge field six blocks away. The four events were dodge ball, water balloon toss, the cucumber pass, and fact or crap. It was a great afternoon even though it was a little disorganized. The winning team won a pizza party during advisory. As you can tell, the day was pretty uneventful, but I couldn't be more thrilled that its over because that means I'm coming home for two whole weeks! Hopefully I will see most of you while I'm home and if not, have a great two weeks! After spring break, I will be returning to the wonderful city of San Diego to finish my last two and a half weeks at High Tech High.

No comments: