Sunday, January 27, 2008

River Walk

It's Sunday morning and two days in San Antonio have already past.  We arrived Friday afternoon at 2:30 and our wonderful GPS system, who we've named Karen, brought us right to the front door of this amazing family who is letting me stay with them.  Jenn and Galen Conant moved to San Antonio two years ago so Galen could pursue his dream of owning his own business.  They have three wonderful kids; Jackson 5, Mackenzie 4, and Tucker 2.  I spent the afternoon getting settled in while my dad did some word finds! For dinner, they took us to Chester's, which come to find out is the best burger place in San Antonio.  The rest of the evening we just relaxed at the house watching some tv.

On Saturday, we ventured out to see some of the sights of the city.  First, we let Karen guide us to find the school I will be observing.  It is definitely an inner-city school and to be honest, it doesn't even look like a school from the outside! (Don't judge a book by the cover)  Then again I know they are doing spectacular things on the inside and I'm very excited for tomorrow.  After the school, we went downtown to the River Walk for the afternoon and it was gorgeous.  We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, walked around the River Center, a.k.a A HUGE MALL, toured a little bit of the Alamo, and finally took a boat tour around the river.  Our tour guide was great and I took lots of beautiful pictures I will hopefully get to share with you soon!  

2 comments:

Cindy E. said...

Courtney,
Thanks for sharing your blog address and your physcial address in TX so we can send your birthday card! What an exciting adventure! Looking forward to learning more. The nine puppies are all houdini's now and escapte their pen. Learning to lap up milk and baby cereal this week. We will start puppy food next week. whew! Good luck today in school. Choices and Balloons.
Love Aunt Cindy

mom said...

I put the package in the mail today! I love the blog. It's fun hearing about your day and then reading about it. LOL on your story about you and Karen. I watched the slide show of pictures but couldn't make them any larger to view.
love mom